The home care market is one of the most challenging and rewarding markets that exists. Many of you who own a home care business are here because you have had an experience in your life that caused you to think about the system and the process for finding help for an aging loved one. Some of you have a business background, some do not. For some this is a second career or a second life. For all of you who own a home care business, the hours are long, the challenges are great, but at the end of the day, if one senior felt better, smiled, or avoided disaster, it’s all worth it.
The ultimate challenge for everyone is having enough clients to keep the doors open, pay bills and pay wages that attract and retain quality caregivers.
Owners and marketers of home care agencies consistently ask these questions:
- How do we make the phone ring with qualified leads?
- How do we get more qualified inquiries or leads from the internet?
- How do we get more qualified referrals from other professionals in our community?
The answer lies in a very specific and structured type of marketing. Not just any marketing. Not unplanned marketing. You need a budget, a strategy, and an unwavering commitment to marketing your business.
No matter how many hats you currently wear inside your business, the hat that generates revenue is the marketing hat. Without that hat, all else will eventually fail.
From our experience many new home care start ups have not correctly allocated a bucket of money for marketing. Big mistake! This market is so competitive that the old saying “if you build it they will come” no longer applies.
Home Care Business Start Up 101:
- Create your business type (C-corp, S-Corp, LLC)
- Licensing requirements for your local area/ state
- Insurance requirements
- Set up policies and procedures
- Set up your financial system- accounts, book keeping
- Set up your sales and marketing plan
- Set up your office
- Set up staffing, billing, time keeping
- Hire office staff
- Hire caregivers
Here we are- your sales and marketing plan. Whether your home care agency is old or new, having a solid marketing plan will increase your revenue……actually FOLLOWING and EXECUTING a solid marketing plan will increase your revenue.
Get started now.
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Valerie V Show EP 57: Interview with Matt Rosno from Rappora.com (Amazing Software for Home Care) - May 19, 2018
- Amazing Home Care Marketing Client of the Month for May 2018! - May 19, 2018
- Valerie V Show EP 56: The Best Facebook Tip of ALL TIME for Your Home Care Marketing KNOWLEDGE! - May 19, 2018