Home Care Marketing: 5 Tips for Combining Your Online and Offline Strategies
Problem: As a home care agency owner or marketer you are out there shaking hands and looking people in the eye, and telling them all about your business. That’s called direct referral marketing. It’s a must in home care. But what about the thousands and thousands of people who you never get a chance to meet in person? What about the thousands of people who didn’t get a chance to attend that senior fair last week?
- Blog post all of your community outreach activities.
Why? For every person who could not attend that community outreach event-reach out to them via content posted to your blog – that automatically gets posted to your social media and your monthly e-newsletters.
- Every time you attend an event, write up a paragraph and take a photo! Post.
Why? It pays to talk online. Talk about all of the activities you are involved in and show your community how busy you are supporting local events, people, places. People love photos! Take lots of pictures and post them with a write up to your blog.
- Just toured a new assisted living facility? Write up a short review (nice) and include a photo. Post.
Why? It pays to about others in a nice way online. Be the resource for all senior services in your local community by highlighting other non-competitive senior services. Make your potential referral sources feel great!
- Caregiver of the month? Take a photo, and write up a nice reason why. Post.
Why? This activity makes your caregivers feel appreciated and helps your community see your best caregivers. It helps your community know that you have some pretty awesome people working for you, and those people might be taking care of their mom or dad some day.
- Win an award? Write it up and post!
Why? It’s important to share all of your achievements. After all you worked hard and it shows. Don’t be afraid to yell out to the world how awesome your company really is!
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Valerie V Show EP 13:E-Newsletters for Home Care Marketing. Do it Right! - February 16, 2018
- Valerie V Show EP 12: The Dos and Don’ts of Advertising Your Home Care Business! Don’t Waste Your MoneY! - February 14, 2018
- Valerie V Show EP 11: Google Monster Wants Speed and Secure Home Care Websites by July 2018! - February 13, 2018