- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Chiropractic Health Month (National)
- Dental Hygiene Month (National)
- Disability Employment Awareness Month (National)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Health Literacy Month
- Home Eye Safety Month
- Medical Librarians Month (National)
- Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month
- Patient-Centered Care Awareness Month
- Pharmacists Month (American)
- Physical Therapy Month (National)
- SIDS, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month
- Talk About Prescriptions Month
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Sample Announcement for Newsletter, Listserv, or Media Release
Cut and paste this text into a word doc and submit it to us via support at www.LTCEPSupport.com . Add local details and quotes from your organization.
This October, [your organization] is proud to participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point.
The good news is that many women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early.
- If you are a woman age 40 to 49, talk with your doctor about when to start getting mammograms and how often to get them.
- If you are a woman age 50 to 74, be sure to get a mammogram every 2 years. You may also choose to get them more often.
Talk to a doctor about your risk for breast cancer, especially if a close family member of yours had breast or ovarian cancer. Your doctor can help you decide when and how often to get mammograms.
- [Add details about your local activities.]
- [Include a quote from your organization.]
For more information, visit [insert your organization information].
All content submissions, questions, and appointment requests should go through support at www.LTCEPSupport.com (not my email address).
We look forward to helping you gain more clients, leads, and referrals!
Corporate Communications Manager
LTC Expert Publications
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- More Home Care Clients are Out There- and They Need YOU!! - August 13, 2018
- Re: Your Home Care Website- May Have a Problem - August 12, 2018
- 10 Critical Tasks to Gain Momentum in Your Home Care Business - August 7, 2018