Happy New Year! Let’s start fresh….
Do you regularly put in a long day’s work on your home care business …and STILL have no consistent client-flow?
After long hours of work each week, you should certainly have some new home care clients to show for it, right?
The amount of work you put in per week does NOT necessarily translate to the amount of results/income/home care clients that you generate…
If you’re working like crazy every day and exhausting yourself –
Here are 3 questions to ask yourself right away:
- Are you focusing on the RIGHT tasks?
If you get trapped managing the mundane, unimportant tasks, you aren’t putting the focus on the critical tasks.
Watch out for spending too much time on the “little things”:
- spending hours designing a new brochure or flyer
- posting ads for new caregivers
- endless email correspondence & support
- looking at your facebook business page, posting cute stuff
ALL of these are well and good, but are they VITAL to bringing in home care clients?
2. Did you fall into EDIT mode?
Are you guilty of re-writing policies, procedures, ads, your website content?
Catching big errors is one thing…
…but spending WEEKS or months going over tons of your material will only cost you a lot of time and energy.
- Get version 1.0 DONE (not perfect).
- Put it up. Use it. Go with it.
- Gather some results.
- Take those results and course-correct along the way.
When do you want to know whether your efforts are working or not?
RIGHT NOW, right? Not 3 months from now…
3. Are you Delegating enough tasks?
Here are my rules for delegating:
- If someone else can do it, I DELEGATE IT. LET IT GO.
- If I don’t absolutely LOVE doing it, or don’t want to do it, I DELEGATE IT.
- If it takes time away from me doing the CRITICAL tasks for growing my business, I DELEGATE IT.
- If you’re sick of working endlessly on your home care business, and not seeing income or home care client growth…
- If you struggle with working on the non-critical tasks or spend too much time in editing mode…
- If you want to create a simple, automated system that goes out and BRINGS you more visibility in your local market…
…reach out, and we can help make that happen.
Valerie VanBooven RN BSN
P.S. Want to make sure that your hard work directly results in monthly income and client growth? The first step is to book a call with us: https://www.LTCSocialMark.com/better
P.P.S. Make sure to join the Elder Care Entrepreneurs Facebook Group if you haven’t yet! https://www.facebook.com/groups/bettereldercarebusiness/
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Year End 2018 from Valerie V: You Are Just One Funnel Away…. - December 27, 2018
- Video: The Most Excellent Video on Home Care Leads and Marketing of 2018 - December 5, 2018
- I’ve Heard It All, and I Call B.S. - November 26, 2018