Hey there! Recently we published an article (HERE) about Home Care SEO in 2018.
Our friends at Ahrefs sent us this awesome note and a link to one of their studies.
Please read and share!
I just saw your article about the best approach to SEO for home care agencies in 2018. I can’t agree more that long tail keywords are essential and I think I’ve got a cool study to share with you!
Here at Ahrefs, we saw numerous publications about the importance of “long tail” keyword approach, but we never saw any precise data behind this strategy.
So we looked at our huge database and decided to analyze 1.4 billion Google searches to get the real numbers.
And here’s what we found:
- “Long-tail keywords” and “long keywords” are not always the same — 10% of keywords with a search volume of 1M consist of 3 words and more
- 96.54% of search queries in the US have less than 50 searches per month
- 40% of ALL searches are coming from keywords that have less than 50 searches per month
You can check out the whole study for even more impressive findings: https://ahrefs.com/blog/long-
Now we can confidently say that one should “think long tail”
It would be great to hear what you think about our research. Which numbers were quite intuitive and which came as a surprise?
Content marketer @ ahrefs.com
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Home Care Leads Beta Program- Taking 7-10 Home Care Agencies NOW. - November 7, 2018
- Facebook Groups for Home Care Marketing- Everything You Need to Know! - November 1, 2018
- Does Online Marketing Really Work for Home Care Businesses? - October 27, 2018