- You can buy leads from a variety of sources- like ServiceMagic, Eldercarelink, A Place for Mom
- And then there are the pay-per-click offers from ReachLocal, Yodle, YellowPages.com, SuperPages, and many many more.
- What about directory listings? About a thousand choices at low low prices, but when lumped together cost you plenty.
Spending and Return on Investment- Let's get REAL.
Which leads me to a question…..
- What are you really spending on marketing these days?
- Do you even know?
- Can you calculate it?
- Do you know how to calculate it?
Here's how the conversation usually happens.
Me: "What kind of marketing are you doing right now?"
Business Owner: "Well, a little print, a little radio, but not much internet marketing"
Me: "How much are you spending on print, radio, yellow pages?"
Business Owner: "Oh, about $1500 per month total"
Me: "How many leads are you getting from each of these efforts, say in the last 3 months?"
Business Owner: "None." or "I don't know" or "Our phone rings, but it's all employment seekers"
Me: "Why do you keep doing the same thing month after month with no results?"
Business Owner: "To get our name out there" or "I'm not sure what else we can do" or "We like our radio ads"
Me: "What if you stopped the insanity and dumped JUST A PORTION OF that money into an effort that within 30 days would make your phone ring almost daily with a quality inquiry (lead)? Would you find that a much better investment?"
Business Owner: "yes"
Me: "Ok are you ready to make that move?"
Business Owner: "Why not! Let's go!"
Fast Forward 60 Days
The reality is that getting exclusive leads from your own website is ideal.
Here are some real numbers from a business owner spending money on both natural search engine results and pay-per-click.
November 1-20, 2011: (20 days)
- Calls to office via internet marketing only: 46
- Calls that were actual leads: 9
- Forms filled out on website: 24
- Actual leads: 16
- Total contacts from website: 70
- Actual leads: 25
That equals just a touch over a lead per day…..in a metro area of 5million- and this client only serves the northern part of town!
How many did they actually close? I don't know until they give us that data. The reality is that we made the phone ring or got a prospect to take an action via form 70 times in 20 days, and of those 70 people, 25 of them were looking for help and chose to call our client.
That's a good lead program.
What are you spending your money on again? And how many REAL leads did you get in the last 20 days? REAL leads?
Get in touch with us and stop spending money on programs that don't work. In this economic environment, do really have the money to throw at stuff that sounds good but doesn't deliver?
Valerie VanBooven RN BSN
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Free Webinar Tuesday: Using Video for Home Care Marketing & Lead Generation - September 17, 2017
- Add One Thing to Your Website to Generate Home Care Leads - September 16, 2017
- Video Replay: Home Care Recruiting- The Solution with the “Secret Sauce” - September 14, 2017