Hi all- an update on a few things that are all caregiver recruiting related!
About 4 months ago we started a beta program that allowed for 10 offices to participate.
Today we have learned the good, the bad, and the ugly, and how to make caregiver recruiting suck less.
Things we’ve learned:
- If you are serious about needing more caregivers, you should have one person in your office in a position to be responsible for this activity. Trying to do it yourself, and a million other things (if you need a lot of caregivers) is a no-no.
- So far no person or app has been able to MAKE a potential employee show up for an interview (mind blown that people simply don’t show up) or bring all required paperwork.
- Sometimes it takes 200 interested contacts to make an actual hire.
- The insanity of this task is real. So real.
- Potential caregivers will not answer your emails or phone calls. (well 80% won’t) However, we ‘ve figured out a way…..
- There is a super amazing new app / website in the universe that allows us to 2-way text with any interested caregiver. It organizes your contacts, you can see all of your open texting conversations, and it’s in REAL TIME.
- Potential employees will answer a few questions (pre-qualifying questions) and set up an interview time RIGHT THEN. Amazing.
- We can take all of your previous contacts with potentially interested parties, and upload their names and phone numbers (which are typically cell phones) into our system, and RE-ENGAGE with them to see if they want to learn about our clients’ open position. Dang.
- You can use the SAME system to instantly text all of your current employees to see if anyone wants to fill an open shift. (or other important messages)
- We can now target any zip code in the U.S. and advertise specifically to those zip codes for caregivers.
- Indeed is OUT.
- See #2 under “Things We’ve Learned”. Ugh.
So here’s the deal.
If you are spending $500/month or more on advertising and man-hours, (interviews, paperwork etc) and you have a dedicated staff member who is willing to try something new…we can work with them and bring down your cost of acquisition a bit.
Our program costs $495 per month. We do all of the front end advertising, send daily reports with new candidates, and let you try the two-way texting system for free for 30 days (we teach you how to use it.)
We ask for a 2 month commitment, but most stay longer. (Except Hawaii, sorry guys, we tried.)
For a discussion and more information fill out our form and check the box that says “I Need to Recruit More Caregivers”. https://www.ltcsocialmark.com/contact-us-about-elder-care-marketing/
You can also read more here: https://www.ltcsocialmark.com/home-care-caregiver-recruiting-easier-video-replay/
Thanks all and let’s get happier about recruiting. 😉
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Year End 2018 from Valerie V: You Are Just One Funnel Away…. - December 27, 2018
- Video: The Most Excellent Video on Home Care Leads and Marketing of 2018 - December 5, 2018
- I’ve Heard It All, and I Call B.S. - November 26, 2018