For most of our clients terms like SEO and SMM and Page Rank are pretty foreign terms, just like ACO, ACA, CHF and other medical abbreviations are foreign to the layperson outside of the healthcare system.
Important concepts for the not-so-techy-home-care-marketer:
- In order to generate home care leads online you must have a presence on page 1 of Google.
- In order to get to page 1 your website must have all the right keyword phrases, the right backlinks, and the right content. The combination of all of this is called Search Engine Optimization. (SEO)
- The rules related to SEO change daily.
- You can’t possibly be expected to keep up.
The latest and greatest introduction to SEO requirements by Google is called “Google Authorship“
- Google says- “Prove to me that the content on your website is valuable, real, and worthy of page 1. “
- Google also says- “Those who can (or will) prove it get higher, faster, better rankings than those who don’t bother to prove it.”
So how do we “Prove It”?
We jump through a lot of darn hoops.
Here are the HOOPS:
- Provide unique content that is relevant and interesting.
- Make sure you include the right keyword phrases (but don’t over-do it).
- Use social media A LOT. (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus etc)
- Put your face next to all of your content and link your accounts just right so that Google knows who you are and can identify your content. Here’s what that looks like….
The brand new website ranks on the first page of Google organically world wide for the keyword phrase “live in home care for seniors”.
Why? See “HOOPS”.
If your web master, content provider, SEO person, local “GURU” who runs your website hasn’t implemented this for you- guess what…your competition is moving faster than lightening to get this set up.
Every single one of our website clients will be heavily engaged in this strategy by June 30 and you should be too. All of the page 1 ranking you are enjoying now could be washed away by the competition who implements this mandatory SEO strategy.
Here’s what it looks like for one of our clients today: (Brand new website, but already ranking on page one for many keyword phrases, including home care)….
Do you have Google Authorship in order? If not, give us a call, and find out what real home care marketing SEO experts know that the local guru from your Chamber of Commerce does not…. 😉
See you online?
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Using Facebook GROUPS to Build Your Home Care Business? Yes or No? - December 7, 2017
- This is cool…. - November 21, 2017
- Your Questions Answered. - November 20, 2017