Answer: At least one time per day.
There were over 400 updates in 2012!
However, sometimes there’s a BIG update….and the next one is coming soon.
Tip for preparing your home care website for the upcoming Penguin 2.0 Update:
- Analyze and clean-up your link profile. First and foremost, Penguin update combats spammy and low-quality backlinks.
The new Penguin version is expected to use even more sophisticated techniques to spot spammy links in your backlink profile, so even if your backlinks seem quite OK for Google right now, you’d better run another thorough audit before Penguin 2.0 arrives.
So the first thing to do now is to analyze your site’s backlinks, identifying any potentially spammy links and getting rid of them before the update.
The basic rule here is to avoid backlinks that:
- Come from sites built exclusively for the purpose of SEO.
- Use overly-optimized anchor text.
- Come from adult or other “bad neighborhood” websites.
- Come from sites that are irrelevant to your own.
Need help with your home care marketing website? Give us a call at 888-404-1513.
Valerie’s motto and favorite saying is: “Impact is not created by big budgets, impact is created by innovative marketing ideas!”
Valerie is a Registered Nurse and the author of three books, Aging Answers (2003), The Senior Solution (2007) and Priceless Caregiving (2009). Her adventure in internet marketing began as a self-promotion experiment and ended up becoming a full time marketing consulting business for the elder care market.
Valerie has appeared on national television (Today Show), has hosted her own local radio show, and has been interviewed for dozens of publications and radio shows across the country regarding her business and the business of elder care.
She fast became the foremost authority in driving sales via the internet, seminars, and e-mail for senior service providers and elder care entrepreneurs.While Valerie’s best known for her expertise in marketing, her students share that her biggest impact comes from her ability to make things happen quickly, even on a small budget.
Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Home Care Caregiver Recruiting Made Easier – Video Replay - April 20, 2017
- I Now Have a SEO/Geek Crush on a Guy Who Installs Garage Doors in Tempe, AZ - March 26, 2017
- Inside Salesperson- St. Louis, MO - December 31, 2016